SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are ALL Sellers LYING MORONIC DOUCHBAGS??
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013

denverd0n is on a distinguished road
Re: Are ALL Sellers LYING MORONIC DOUCHBAGS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC45 View Post
As i said i didn't "go along." Why would I? The boat had a glaring problem.
Huh!?! In your earlier posting you said that you paid for the survey. You said that it was the surveyor who told you the boat was junk. Now you're saying that you didn't?

Or did you misunderstand me? When I said that you decided to go along, it was with the brokers suggestion that you should get a survey done to tell you how bad the problem was.

Actually, never mind. Either way, the discussion is just getting silly. The process is not backwards, you can do your own inspection and get questions answered before anyone expects you to make an offer. There is no legal requirement for a full disclosure, but it's the same as buying a car in that regard. No one expects you to "bid blind" and frankly it is a bit absurd to even suggest that they do.

The truth is that it sounds to me like you goofed, paid for a survey that you shouldn't have, and now you're trying desperately to somehow rationalize it to yourself by saying that you were just doing what all boat buyers do, even though that does not appear to be the case.

But whatever.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook