SailNet Community - View Single Post - Man overboard
Thread: Man overboard
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007
learning to sail

RayMetz100 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RayMetz100
yes, we ran over it twice when just the main was up I think.

I don't own a boat. I learned at Seattle Sailing Club last Fall and passed my ASA 101 and 103 there. They have about a dozen boats altogether. My 103 class and $200/mo certified me for their 5x J24s, 2x J22s, a Catalina 22, a C&C24, and the Cal 25. They also have a couple J80s, J105s, a J30, J35, Catalina 34, and a C&C 36. Their sister company is a yacht brokerage that sells new J boats, Alerions, and True North power boats.

I made the J/22 logo when I reserved my first boat, but never ended up sailing it because too many people came along. It's funny I picked that club because of all the J boats, but in the 4 times I've skippered so far, it's never been a J. It'll happen eventually as the spring and summer race season gets going. I'm very happy with the club and glad I don't have to make boat payments or pay moorage anywhere.

If someone forced me to trade my club dues in for a boat before March, it'd be a cheap Catalina 27 with a diesel. But I plan on staying with the club for a long time and may never buy a boat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook