SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bombay Clipper 31
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013

contracorriente is on a distinguished road
Re: Bombay Clipper 31

Hi Bombay Clipper 31 owners!

I'm considering buying a Bombay Clipper 31 and wanted to see if you could give me more insight on the boat. I will learn to sail with this boat, I only have experience being a hostess on a a charter boat.

I looked at this boat the other day and I fell in love with it because of the roominess inside.. everything seems to be my size. The boat is in Panama where I live so I will spend the next few years learning to sail in the Panama-Colombia coast. Do you consider this a good beginner boat? I hear you on the tank look and FEEL. But do you think that learning to sail on this boat will better prepare me for sleeker, faster, more 'navigable' boats in the future? OR NOT? The mast is so far forward, what is your experience maneuvering it?

I don't think i'll be able to single hand for a few years, but do you single hand this boat? I'm 5.1", is it realistic that I could single hand it one day? The boat I looked at is in really good shape. The only thing I need to look at now is osmosis in the hull. Any other suggestions of things to look at knowing how yours has aged over time?? The sale price is great. Is this a deal I can't miss or should I look for other beginner boats? Oh and what do you do for a fridge? you have one? if so where? THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY INSIGHT YOU CAN OFFER ME!!!

FarCry - the pictures of your boat make me want to buy mine fast and make it look as good as yours.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook