SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013

JulieMor is on a distinguished road
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd View Post
I'm just saying that she's been offered 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinions here, ignored all of it, and now it's gospel because she's spent a weekend with brokers and surveyors.
See? There you go again. Putting words into my mouth. I really, really tried to explain to you I didn't ignore anyone's advice here. I really did Bubble. But, like so many replies I've seen you make, it seems you read something in part, process that through your Bubble mind and then write whatever fits you.

I took all the advice given here into account. In fact I have a Word file into which I've copied and pasted a lot of it and I have referred to it often. I value every bit of it. If that's "ignoring" to you, then please let me know so I can stop thinking that one day we could actually communicate on an adult level.

On another note (and putting the thread back on track): We looked at a 1989 E38-200 yesterday. This particular boat was priced by the owner. He priced it at the high end of E38s on Yachtworld. Apparently, the owner didn't take into consideration that his boat had no refrigeration, electronics that were almost as old as the boat and virtually no upgrades or add-ons over the past ~20 years. Many of the boats in his price range had A/C, new motors or other big ticket items. Others far better equipped (some also with A/C) and recently upgraded were asking $10K or more less than he was asking.

But I did find the E38 gives me the warm fuzzies. I was surprised by that because none of the pictures I've seen on any E38 did that to me. And we really like this broker and he agreed to represent us no matter who we buy from. Then we ended the day at a place called The Sailloft and I had a very tasty Rum Runner (or two). So it was a good day, even if it was 95 in the shade.

Last edited by JulieMor; 07-19-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook