SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

If/when you place an offer, point out the lack of improvements as justification for your offer.

Also remember that most improvements do not add to the cash value of the boat. If done properly, they will enhance its attractiveness for a faster sale, but they'll rarely increase its price. (But it's fine for you to claim they do as part of your negotiation - it's all "part of the game.") When shopping for boats, I found more than a few cases where an "improvement" was poorly done and detracted from the boat's value. In a couple cases they were total deal breakers, because the botched jobs could not be undone.

I think some people here have lost patience because your purchase process has taken longer than they would like. You need to proceed at the pace that's right for you. You have missed out on a couple sailing seasons, but if that's what you need to be comfortable, so be it. It's not productive of those people to take out their frustration on you up here, but that's the nature of Internet message boards. Don't let yourself get drawn into an off-topic argument.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook