SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are ALL Sellers LYING MORONIC DOUCHBAGS??
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Are ALL Sellers LYING MORONIC DOUCHBAGS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpm View Post
What did the survey miss?
One big one was a leak in the water tank. There was no indication of leakage during the survey. However, when I filled it to capacity, it started leaking like a sieve. So I've got to figure that one out. I pulled the cover in the v-berth and started looking around yesterday. We'll see.

In my case, and I think it's pretty typical in surveys, it was "non-invasive". In other words he didn't dig into nooks and crannies.

Here's the wording from the contract:

Quote:
Inspections are conducted without any mechanical removals of any kind by the surveyor. Mechanical removals include anything that require tools, destruction and/or heavy lifting to make ready, for example tacked carpeting, fastened access covers, anchor chain or large tool boxes. Any inaccessible areas needing entry are to be made ready by the owner or the owner’s representative.
I was there during the survey and shadowed him - which he liked. He did a very good job. It was definitely worth the money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook