SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are ALL Sellers LYING MORONIC DOUCHBAGS??
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013

CheckedOutRob is on a distinguished road
Re: Are ALL Sellers LYING MORONIC DOUCHBAGS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC45 View Post
To my point, it makes no sense to have to make offers in the blind, and then pay someone to tell you you need to walk away from this one. The non disclosure on the part of sellers/brokers, IMO, borders on fraudulent behavior. Instead of telling you what they already know, they tell you to figure it out for yourself. There should be disclosure up front. With that disclosure an informed buying decision can be made.
-EXACTLY MY POINT! Although I do not think anyone makes offers blind ie. I do a personal inspection before making the offer and writing the deposit check (escrow) to the broker. But the issue that is the nature of the beast is that the seller and/or the broker are hoping I am a dumb **** who will not hire the sharpest surveyor outfit on the west coast (REISNER, McEWEN & HARRIS) which I did. Absolute professionals and they spent an entire long day on the survey. What they found was obviously known by the owner. Keel cracked, keel to hull joint delamination, rudder fin cracked, main bulkhead detached from hull, hull distortion. It's known by the owner because the boat was on the hard for the last 6 mos. And get this -the owner is a surveyor!!! That's why I'm so pissed at this whole process. The owner was praying I would f-up and buy the boat. That's pretty much fraud. And I'm out $2000 because of travel expenses and survey on this one.
I felt I had a relationship of trust with my broker. Did my broker just not do their due diligence? Had they at least looked they would have seen the items listed as brand new in the listing text were actually original to the boat and in bad shape. Jeez, I wonder if they will change the language of the listing on Yachtworld. I really doubt it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook