SailNet Community - View Single Post - How to connect a Standard Horizon GX2100 AIS VHF to a Raymarine RL-70C plotter
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013

joevar is on a distinguished road
Re: How to connect a Standard Horizon GX2100 AIS VHF to a Raymarine RL-70C plotter

So I am having the same problem in connecting my standard horizon gx-2000 radio to my Raymarine RL-70c.

I went to radio shack to buy the resistor. Closest they had was 3.9k ohm 1/2 watt resistors so I took 2 of them and wired them end-to-end and connected them as instructed.

At first, I got a fix on the radio and the satellite icon lit. But 10 seconds later the icon began to flash. Coordinates still display although the SOG and COG go blank. In time it is obvious the the connection is lost because the time does not change.

If I turn the radio on and off, no satellite icon and no fix. If I disconnect the NMEA - and reconnect, same problem. I see a fix for 10 seconds and then the icon flashes and SOG and COG goes blank.

I have tried using one resistor and 3 resistors in series and have the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook