SailNet Community - View Single Post - Possible Trade for a boat...
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Re: Possible Trade for a boat...

I gave away my 1972 22 footer with never-used-not-even-unwrapped porta potti so it is possible.

If you are concerned about resale value being at or below what you paid, buying a boat probably isn't for you. Selling at a profit is rare. Most people buy boats (again and again) knowing that the value will steadily decline over time no matter what. Their enjoyment is in the boating. In order to even sell the boat at a decent price you'll have to put a lot of money into maintenance so that eats into the profit margin right there as well as hope that the market doesn't tank again. That said, Catalinas are very popular fist boats so I doubt you'll have a problem selling it if she's still looking good.

Shooting for the stars is not silly. Shooting for the stars after you learn how to build the rocket makes the dream that much more obtainable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook