SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013
sailing soon

mark2gmtrans is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Actually, it's still scary as hell. But I'm getting more used to it. I really does make me (and the boys) feel SO good being on that boat. It's so big and nice - we just can't believe it.

I plan to do a series of write-ups on BFS that will go through the every step of the process. I paid cash for her. I think this was a good way to go for us - though it was seriously sobering wiring that wad.
Buying a boat is different in that the next one I buy is going to be my home for a long while, and as with any home purchase there are little surprises lurking in the darkness to worry me and take from my little piles of cash. I am just resigned to doing it and dealing with the issues as they arise because to me the value of the boat is the value of the time I will be spending on it and the happiness I find while on it. Like the credit card people say "priceless" which I am guessing is the value you place on the time you and the smacklings spend on your boat.

I am looking forward to making the wire transfer, but man I am not going to lie and say I will not be having a Maalox moment or two along the way LOL.