SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgherb View Post
On a side note...looking at listings on Yachtworld, I am continually amazed at the number of boats for sale that have pictures with clutter all over the boat they are trying to sell. Does it not dawn on these sellers that prior to putting the boat listing up and taking the photos that will serve as a window to potential buyers that maybe they should take a day or two and remove all the crap that they have been storing in their boats?? As a potential buyer that not only makes me think that they have neglected their boats but that the boat probably has not been actually sailed in quite a while because the minute they had any kind of breeze and the boat heeled to any degree, all that crap would be getting tossed around the inside of the cabin.
That's the one that gets me too - I can't believe they don't even sweep it out of the cameras frame. Clueless or just lazy?

I once saw a project boat with pics like that but they used humour - "Full sink" was the caption for the galley shot and it was indeed full - of dirty dishes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook