SailNet Community - View Single Post - Whats this?
Thread: Whats this?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013
scotthenry scotthenry is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: near San Jose, CA
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 0
scotthenry is on a distinguished road
Re: Whats this?

Might be a galley brace (I don't remember the common name). Designed to keep the cook in the galley when it is rough or heeled way over. The cook leans back into it, and it is tied off on either side of the galley. I've only seen them on true U-shaped galleys, though.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook