SailNet Community - View Single Post - Powerboaters Are Funny
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013

TJC45 is on a distinguished road
Re: Powerboaters Are Funny

For years sailing in a crowded bay one has to learn to live with powerboaters who either don't know the rules or don't care about them. As well, there seemed to be a common lack of courtesy coming from powerboaters coming from this one marina in particular. There was no give in these people who's boats threw three and four foot wakes. You know the type. They appoach at max speed, pass within 50 fifty feet and then everyone on the boat turns to see what the wake does to the little sailboat.

So after a summer of this arrogant treatment i decided to go over to the powerboat marina to check it out. You ever have one of those moments when a devilish thought comes into your head and you decide to go for It? You know it's wrong but? Well i happen to drive over in my Grand Cherokee right at dinner time on Saturday night. All the barbeques were fired up. People out holding their beers. Some already sitting down and eatting. The marina has a five mile an hour speed limit and the roadway thru is dirt. Which after a week or so without rain was now coated with a fine layer of dust. Even at five mph I was kicking some dust. I thought damn this is perfect!!!! i made sure i knew where the exit was and then gunned it. I did a lap through the place at 35mph that put so much dust in the air I couldn't see ten feet behind the car! I could hear people screaming at me and some had actually started running towards the car to stop me. But i had the speed and the angle. After a mile long lap I was out the gate and gone! The place looked like the dust bowl on the bay! Oh sweet satisfaction!!!

Yeah, I know, wrong and stupid! But I sure felt better!!!

Last edited by TJC45; 07-22-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TJC45 For This Useful Post:
JamesSkok (07-27-2013), Mark1948 (07-26-2013)