SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for Lithium house bank experiences
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Looking for Lithium house bank experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post

I'd be very interested in hearing from sailnetters who have actually installed and used Lithium batteries on their boat and what their experiences are regarding performance and longevity.

Right now unless you build them yourself, as I do, and design the system and build the BMS (battery management system), they are very, very expensive and not yet ready for "prime time" unless you are not afraid to spend some money. I would strongly suggest you contact Bruce Schwab to talk to him about the Genasun LiFePO4 packs..

These are not at the average DIY level yet. They would be an 11 or 12 on the scale of 10 for the average DIY right now. Mastervolt and Genasun are the two most widely used "branded" marine LiFePO4 banks but an install can run you approx 5 figures by the time you are done.. I worked on a Genasun install down in in Puerto Rico this winter that was over 30K just in batteries and associated equipment. It was an amazing system when it was done but the boat was 70 feet and had both 24V and 12V Genasun LiFePO4 banks....

The thread on CF has already been posted so here's some more info on LiFePO4 from my perspective... Eventually the cost will come down but it's still just not "prime time" yet..

LiFePO4 Pack Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook