SailNet Community - View Single Post - Open letter to yachtdesigners of the world
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013

Sabreman will become famous soon enough Sabreman will become famous soon enough
Re: Open letter to yachtdesigners of the world

Ummm..... I'm having a difficult time understanding the rant, it's not very specific while using a lot of words. Can the OP provide an example of a boat that they consider acceptable? Spray, perhaps?

Personally, I find the characteristics of modern hull design to be an amazing evolution of science and materials technology. The reality is that boats suffer far less breakage at sea than ever before. And while we may read of a few examples of accidents at sea each year, considering the sheer volume of boats on the water, technology has made coastal and offshore boating far faster and safer than when I started in the 1970's.

Speaking of the 70's, I worked a few boat shows for two Catalina dealers. Almost without exception, people coming aboard a boat dive below to look at the accommodations. Very few spend more than a few moments on deck. That was 40 years ago, people are people and it has nothing to do with "modern" design or "modern" desires... unless modern is defined as anything more recent than 1960.