SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oday 240 (wing keel) vs Oday 25 (cb shoal)
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: Oday 240 (wing keel) vs Oday 25 (cb shoal)

All things being equal, I'd lean toward the '89. Newer systems, more modern design. Yeah, it's a tad smaller, but not by much. I also think that, for your purposes, the floor plan for the cabin is going to be better for the daysailing. You should have enough room to get everyone around that table, which will be nice. I'm not sure you'll have the same luck on the 25. I think you're going to have a hard time getting 2 adults and 3 kids into either of those boats for an overnight, unless you enclose the cockpit and have some sleep out there (that's what my parents did on their 27' powerboat when I was a kid - I slept on deck in a sleeping bag, but it was fully enclosed). Be sure to test the cockpits on both boats with the full family out there. Make sure everyone can sit comfortably and not get hit by the tiller. Also, be sure you, or your crew, can readily reach the lines you'll need while underway.
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook