SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013
Stowaway

juliekristine is on a distinguished road
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2gmtrans View Post
I recently went over 1000 miles round trip to look at a boat that was called "turnkey, ready for cruising" in the ad, and yet when I got there it was anything but, and when I confronted the owner with the obvious defects he called me a tire kicker, I wanted to kick him in the tires. I was soooo angry, but it is part of the process and I was also able to visit some friends. Next time I will have the seller take a video camera on board.
Sorry to hear about your journey of a 1000 miles. At least you got to visit a friend. Were it not for him or her, I would have appreciated having the video ahead of time. It would have told you to make the trip, or save the gas.

We'll be making quite a distant trip to see boats, but also visit friends. Throw in a little sight seeing and golf, and we're still okay if we come up short on a boat that meets our needs and daydreams.

What is making our trip more worthwhile is the fact that we'll be seeing about a dozen boats made by three different builders. Seeing 3 or 4 Sabres, all in the same size and era, gives us a real basis of comparison. It should also enhance our bargaining power, I believe.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook