SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Help me find my next boat 24-29 foot

9K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  boating_tom 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all, new here, but long time lurker. The wife and I have a catalina 22 that we keep at the marina. (I have my brother or a friend trailer it twice a year as I hate trailering). We love the boat but We have a slip and like staying on the boat for relaxing weekends. We don't much care for the "camping" on it and want to move up to an enclosed head, standing headroom, fixed keel, and I would love an inboard. We sail out of winthrop harbor on Lake michigan. We are both pretty short as I'm 5'8" and she is 5'2" though I always have small cuts on my head from the low cabin on the catalina 22:rolleyes: We both enjoy relaxing cruising.

Today we looked an a very nice Westerly Tiger 25 and I thought it was perfect! But the wife thought the v berth cabin was dark and too Enclosed. She did not like the enclosed non brightness of it. the enclosed head did not have a mirror or sink. She said it did not wow her. I showed her a photo of a hunter 26.5 and she said that cabin looked bright and inviting.

I have been searching local listing nonstop for days with not much. I thought maybe a Catalina 25 with an inboard but they are far and few. Locally there are some Catalina 27's and 30's.

We thought of the idea of a larger boat and storing it at the Marina as we hate the whole trailering thing and relying on someone to trailer it (boat went in almost a month late this year waiting for my bro to trailer it. We have a 30' slip and I don't want go larger.

What are some good boats in that size range I should be looking for? Also we are trying to keep the cost well below $10k

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.