SailNet Community - View Single Post - Miss Liberty vs the landlubbing haters!
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Miss Liberty vs the landlubbing haters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC320 View Post
The boat (from a distance) has nice lines. Let's hear more....
Yes, if you squint, and don't look at the condition of the boat. Looks like there is rust coming through from the re-bar/chicken wire between the tire and the Lady Liberty, but hard to tell from this distance. Ferro Cement is not inherently terrible but it is the weakest material per pound for sure. Only became popular because it allowed for backyard builders to start a dream. I wonder how many got broken up before launching? Most of the designs were a bit to far out there on the pirate kitsch for my tastes.

By the way it was a sunny day when this photo was taken, there is just a grey cloud hanging over the boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmetatron View Post
Yep, idiot seems appropriate, from my electrically powered self-contained 42' Morgan Outisland (not bad for homeless) when addressing someone who assumes so much.the tarp is for shade, there were no leaks, the sailcover is below because she'd just been under sail, and the tire just happened to work better than the manufactured bumpers. But hate on, I'm sure it makes your life so much better what with the ulcers and all... just do the world a favor, and wait till you've got something constructive to contribute... that way we'll never hear from you again...
Oh you didn't buy another boat did you? You can't take care of the one you have so the last thing I can see you doing is buying another one. By the way I have not seen one thing constructive posted by you in this thread. If it was to discuss moor ring rights OK, but all you have done is prove that you are exaggerating you situation, at a minimum. I hope you take care of the Morgan better, and clean up your mess from Lady Liberty. Why such big boats for one person anyway? I would think a smaller boat would give you less trouble and perhaps you could keep up with the maintenance.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook