Old 07-24-2013
Will work to sail. :-)

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Re: Barrington Yacht Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by svHyLyte View Post
Thanks...

BTDT though...

Their Membership chair replied to me and told me that they would love to have new members, but in order for me to apply, I would need to be sponsored by a member to submit an application. Because I have never been to the BYC, (well, I've seen the parking lot) I don't know who their members are...

Elsewhere in these forums I have seen people lament that interest in boating seems to be on the decline. I believe that part of the reason is that there is no clear roadmap for outsiders to find their way into many aspects of the boating community.

A friend of mine is a lifetime member of another yacht club in Massachusetts. He told me that the way that he gained access was that he knocked on the door one day, and the person that answered the door invited him in. Perhaps I should try this?

I have been invited to join several clubs in the Boston area, but, at this time, I don't want to keep my boat there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook