SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013

JulieMor is on a distinguished road
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC45 View Post
The idea of marketing any product for sale is to get customer flow to your ad/site. location, product or item for sale. The last thing you want to do is say anything that will put people off. Usually, when such stand offish comments are made it indicates to me that the person is uncomfortable with the sales process, doesn't understand how it works, and is going to be difficult to negotiate with.
Just as there are buyers who aren't serious (haven't really looked at all that's involved in owning a boat) there are also are sellers who aren't serious ("I'm just curious what my boat will fetch on the market" or "Anything I own is for sale, for the right price.")

It can be hard for either party to identify that in the other party. Sometimes you have to let the chips fall where they may. For the potential buyer this process can become very costly. The brokers incur their own costs too. The seller can sit back and wait out the whole process until the right offer comes along.

That's why I think it's fair to ask the seller to be as upfront as possible but I certainly understand avoiding anything that will mark the seller as having unrealistic expectations, if in fact they don't.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook