SailNet Community - View Single Post - Barrington Yacht Club
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Re: Barrington Yacht Club

Again, my request is if anyone here is a member of the club. Reading the post above, you can see that it would be easy to submit an application (if it comes to that) if I were;
  • well written, and easy to read (WTF? It's a Yacht Club, not a Book Club)
  • a guest of a member, or former member of the club (in which case I would not be posting here).

I have written the Membership Committee Chair, and he stated that I need to be invited by a member of the club. I have also read their newsletter, where they have decreased the time that you need to be a member from 3 years to 1 "in order to broaden their reach in seeking out the most qualified prospective members."

It seems to me to be a catch 22. In order to join the club, you have to know someone who is in the club to invite you as their guest.

To me, the most logical way to meet people in the club, would be to attend an event at the club... which I can't do because I am not a member, nor do I know any members. Therefore, my post here...

Please PM me if you can help

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook