SailNet Community - View Single Post - Miss Liberty vs the landlubbing haters!
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013

denverd0n is on a distinguished road
Re: Miss Liberty vs the landlubbing haters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC320 View Post
...there are many, many people who know almost nothing about boats who dive into a project to fix up one... with no understanding of what they are getting into, no idea what it would cost, with little of the skills or tools needed, and totally without funds to make a reasonable attempt at fixing up a broken, worn out vessel.
You're absolutely right. And one of my pet peeves is that, when people like that come here looking for advice, if we tell them the truth--that they are getting in a whole lot deeper than they realize--then we will be accused of being "naysayers" and of trying to "destroy their dreams" and so on.

They don't want to hear honest assessments of their situation. I can sort of understand that. They have a dream and they don't want to be told that they are being unrealistic. What I find odd is that so many other posters will also jump in and start accusing those who are blunt, honest, and factual of being "naysayers."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are a lot of people out there who desperately need to hear someone say "NAY!" This thread's OP being just one.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook