SailNet Community - View Single Post - Miss Liberty vs the landlubbing haters!
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013
Old enough to know better

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Miss Liberty vs the landlubbing haters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
Really still trying to figure out how all this:

BTW a 90" plasma has dimensions of approx 81" long X 18" deep X 49" tall.. Just how big is that companionway.....? Oh and they cost about 7k which is enough to do some nice cosmetic work to Miss Liberty. This may just may have prevented the county from deeming her a derelict vessel....

I've also never seen a "restaurant hood" that would even come close to fitting on that boat... Two refrigerators and a deep freezer, 1000W stereo and a 90" plasma? How did he power all this? Surely the little Honda on the back deck did all this...

I suspect he was talking about his storage unit that was pilfered but certainly not a boat of that size with the claimed gear on-board....

So even if he got the 90" TV on-board, perhaps the tarp is covering the access hole for the TV, 500 gallon tank and restaurant hood, where do you hang a 4' tall, 1.5' deep and 7' long TV on that boat? I also don't see any "solar panels" or "Wind generators" .....
Yea I think his storage unit is what he was calling his boat. Both are made out of concrete!

Here they are opening up his unit.

Quote:
A 500 gallon tank would be something like 8' long 2' tall and 4' wide and does not lend well to fitting "under the back deck" with a hull form like that......
Yea, I think he meant "under the back deck behind his storage shed behind the trailer" like a large heating oil tank.

Quote:
I would like to hear more about how he "invented" wind generators. Invisible wind generators are surely to be a huge hit with the cruising community..

This is very amusing but just too far out there & far fetched. I'm suspecting we've been professionally trolled on this one...
I think what was Invented was the fact that he had a boat at all! Yes obviously the poster does not have this boat, but it is entertaining to play along.

Last edited by miatapaul; 07-25-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook