Seeking recommendations / advice
OK - I started a thread a couple of weeks back called "full keel" and got some pretty good input from a lot of really great people.
Based on some of that input (and an ongoing conversation I'm having with a broker) I'll pose another question (fully understanding the subjective nature of both the question and the probable answers):
If one wanted to purchase a 35-40 foot boat for under $100K that will -
1) offer acceptably comfortable accommodations for a couple living aboard with space for occational guests
2) be used primarilly for coastal cruising
3) occasionally venture out into more challenging conditions (crossing the Gulf of Alaska)
4) reasonably stand up over time
5) occupy a midpoint between the lightweight racing boats and the super heavy cruisers.
What would be your recommendations and why?
Bottom Line: We are still evaluating our options and covet the recommendations of more informed and experienced sailors.
Sailing out of Seward, Alaska
"Fight the good fight, holding on to faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked thier faith"