SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013

GeorgeB is on a distinguished road
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Julie, First off, check out my avatar, I’m much better looking than Bubblehead. I’m sorry that you think that I am “stalking” you. I thought that you were soliciting help and a sounding board to aid you in your search. If I’m bothering you, I’ll won’t offer any further help. I usually don’t have a lot of time to thoroughly read all the threads and I didn’t realize that you haven’t really started to look at boats. From the angst I detected in your writings I thought you were much further along. Good luck on your search and enjoy the hunt!

In the “for what’s it’s worth department”: I am deeply connected into the brokerage community here in the Bay Area. When we talk “shop” I get an earful from the broker’s point of view. Sometimes understanding things from other’s experience can be very helpful in your own situation. I like spreadsheets. I bet my database is way more extensive than yours. My spreadsheet calculates all the standard ratios as well as things like the PHRF regression formula, PacCup ratings and the OYRA offshore formula. I mine databases like sailboatdata.com. Though I am most connected to Catalina (Farallone Yachts) I can also give referrals to Sail California (JBoat and Jeaneau), and Passage Yachts (Beneteau). If you are interested, PM me and I will send you the referral information.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook