SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Julie,

OK, I'm confused. It seems that you have been looking for boats for two years, and posting hundreds of messages on the subject, including many that seem to indicate you've built up a very high level of frustration with sellers, and others explaining your theories of why so many boats are overpriced. You seem to think you've got this whole thing figured out, and you know just why those awful sellers do things to waste buyers' time.

Now you say that you've only actually looked at four boats.

Perhaps there were assumptions that led to my confusion, but you should be sensitive to the way all this looks. If you've only looked at four boats, your learning process - and your frustration - is only beginning. You are WAY over-analyzing this at such an early stage of your shopping process.

One thing I know from message boards is that once someone's messages start insisting "let me repeat myself once again," or "you obviously didn't understand what I posted before," it's time to take a breather and ask yourself who needs to listen better. You've also upped the ante by accusing some knowledgeable people of stalking you and/or posting under fake IDs. That's pretty serious stuff, and will really make people more reluctant to spend time helping you.

You may want to think about this for awhile before posting that next message.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook