SailNet Community - View Single Post - I need some lifeline help
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013

abrahamx is on a distinguished road
I need some lifeline help

I want to get new lifelines and was going to take them off and measure them today but I am not sure what to do with the way they are now and the bow pulpit. The boat is a Tartan 30 and the life lines are led down to the deck at the bow. The Cat 27 next to me is the same way. If I run the line level to the attachment point on the pulpit the line turns about 15-20* towards the outside of the boat. The way the bow pulpit angles to the outside the life line would be 6-8 inches outside the toerail. Just wondering why the line would be ran down like that in the first place and if I should keep it that way. Personally I would like it to be level the length of the boat but to do that I would have to run the lifeline to the center of the bow pulpit (if I want to keep it inside the toerail "plane") or have it kick out, which seems to pull on the other stanchion. Neither one seems cool to me really. What to do? I just want to pull these and get the job done with but not sure how, exactally to proceed.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook