SailNet Community - View Single Post - east coast provisioning stops
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013
Canuck Sailor

canucksailorguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to canucksailorguy
Re: east coast provisioning stops

Quote:
There is a lot of good info out there, but will there ever be the complete source of our coast for the visiting sailor? I don't think it's possible, but it's worth trying to improve.
This exact thought was what led me to develop my boat show seminar, Sailing South, First Timers' Guide to the ICW. After a few trips south, I'd figured it out and it was a lot easier trip. In Georgetown Bahamas, I got into a discussion with some others about what information they would have liked to have for their first ICW trip. That was revealing.
Sure enough, the information is all available, and easy to find. The real problem is that newbies don't know the questions to ask! That only comes from experience.
Still, Xort's idea here has given me an idea that I plan to include in my seminars, and I suspect several others have found this thread useful. I hope everyone continues to post the information Xort was looking for here.
[edit - good news, Xort has restarted this thread, under provisioning stops - see ya there!]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cuba - Forbidden Paradise
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by canucksailorguy; 07-25-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook