SailNet Community - View Single Post - provisioning stops
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
provisioning stops

Well, the first version kinda jumped off the rails. I would like to start fresh.

I'm looking for the PRIMO provisioning stops for cruising boats. I'm mainly interested in east coast usa but anywhere is OK. PLEASE, I'd like to keep to some limits.

Anyone can pull up to a marina, borrow a car and go shopping. Most cruisers are trying to maintain a budget and are not on a 50' motoryacht. So the first requirement is a good anchorage or cheap mooring with dinghy dock access. Second is close proximity to supplies. Hauling multiple bags of groceries is a pain no matter how you slice it. So a half mile walk for groceries would be preferred. Longer bus rides for parts and other supplies would be acceptable. Laundry close by is another issue. We change our underwear more than once a week! So the laundry bag gets heavy!
We have bikes aboard but like to get around without if possible.
Last item is water. Many fuel docks will let you fill when you buy fuel but it is nice to have access if you are in a provisioning spot for a week.

Thank you for your input.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook