SailNet Community - View Single Post - Flying a Symmetrical Like an Asymmetrical
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013
Stupor-user.

SHNOOL is on a distinguished road
Re: Flying a Symmetrical Like an Asymmetrical

If I might, he has a hank on jib, the TAN might get trashed sliding up and down a bare forestay...

an EASIER solution (and cheaper)... would be to get s block forward and run a tackline back to the cockpit... as he gets closer to DDW, he can ease the tack, blowing it forward some, and sheet the heck out of it as he gets closer abeam.

Something like this would work (just put it low on the pulpit, but forward https://www.catalinadirect.com/index...roduct_ID=1329 )... You aren't planning on running this in 20+ true anyway.

Oh and someone converted the symmetrical to asym on my 22... they actually put a hank about 10 inches up from one clew along with a tackline lead back to the cockpit... worked well, from almost beam to deep broad reach... Faster than the 155 racing genoa up until almost beam. This wasn't my idea, it was the prior owners, I just USED it!

it worked OK...