SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for a Catalina 270 detailed review
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013

prskier17 is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for a Catalina 270 detailed review

I realize this thread is getting old... but I came across it looking for Catalina 270 info. I tried to send a PM to the original poster but I just joined sailnet and can't PM....

My wife and I are in the early research phase of purchasing our first sailboat. We have a 15 month old and another on the way so it will probably be 2 - 3 years... hopefully enough time to save enough for a decent family cruiser. We intend to sail and slip on Lake Pepin which is a very wide 22 mile stretch of the Mississippi river on the MN/WI border. We had been dreaming of something like a Beneteau 311 or a Catalina 30 or 320 but they are 45k-60k. I came across the Cataline 270 yesterday semi-locally looking on Craigslist of all places. It's a 1996 for around 25k. We have similar requirements as you: diesel, pedestal, sugar scoop. Did you eventually purchase a 270? If so, how do you like it? I crew with a local club and found out yesterday there is a 270 there so I'm hoping to find out who owns it and get a closer look. Anyway, if you have any thoughts or experience on the 270 or any other boat that fits the bill it'd be great to hear from you!

Thanks,
Chris
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook