Join Date: Dec 2009
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 7
Re: Port Washington, NY
Port Washington, NY
- Well protected harbor
- Free (for first two nights) mooring balls
- Dinghy to Main Town Dock for waterfront park
- Dinghy to North Town Dock, which is across the street from a large Stop & Shop supermarket and three blocks to West Marine store
- Water taxi available; price structure is a.) per head for single round trip, or b.) higher flat rate for one day for everybody aboard
- Pump-out available
- Excellent location for waiting out tide turns for transiting Hell Gate to NYC's East River
+1 (this is my home port)
Lots of room to anchor out as well.
Last edited by Plumbean; 07-26-2013 at 02:37 PM.