SailNet Community - View Single Post - Our first bareboat charter BVI 2014
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013

MarieTheBitter is on a distinguished road
Re: Our first bareboat charter BVI 2014

you will be absolutely fine...but you'll probably witness a Credit Card Captain or two providing you with mooring-side entertainment, especially if you go to Trellis Bay for a Full Moon party... yes, "Ruby", I am talking to YOU

if I may add from my own experience, if you have good friends you think will be able to tolerate being stuck on 40ft. of boat with you (and each other) for a week, try and convince them to go. We did just that for our last two trips and it was "the best vacation ever" all around.

Having designated "hookers" and some extra galley help really is a great thing. Just set expectations correctly...a bareboat trip is not a luxury cruise, more like camping on water.

Make a tentative itinerary or list of "really want-to-see's" with lots of alternate destinations based on where whim and wind take you, and RELAX.

If you do your own provisioning, Rite Way is awesome, and Tico is great for drink orders.

The little store in Great Harbor on Jost or the market in Cane Garden Bay are great for stocking up mid-trip.

Have FUN!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook