SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Escrow accounts are mandatory IMO. For a relatively small fee, they insure all funds and documents are accumulated before disbursing. They will also do title searches and properly file for whatever State or Federal title you're looking for. However, ones I've used required me to do my own registration, which you typically have several months to do.

Marine Title in Seattle provides this service. They act as an intermediary between you, the broker and banks or finance companies. They will do the title search before funds change hands and receive funds from the bank to disburse to the owner, other banks and financial institutions who may hold a fiduciary interest in the vessel. Important to understand WHO really owns the property and if there are any outstanding liens as well. These may include Mechanics, Marinas, State tax authorities and sometimes the estates and property interests of spouse or family members. If you finance a vessel and pay off the note, you will also be issued with a "Satisfaction of Mortgage" note. This should kept with your original bill of sale documents. USCG documentation is only part of the ownership documentation process.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook