SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29 View Post
Ideally, the earnest money should be deposited into an escrow account upon full ratification of the contract (fully signed and initialed after all counters accepted).
I agree with James on this, you don't write a check to go look at a boat, you put money into escrow once the deal has been worked out. The back and forth of offer and counter-offer is just a conversation, it can happen on paper, or over a drink at a restaurant, none of it matters until someone signs it. I also don't understand buyers who sign offers, why would you do that ? Sure, send them the offer, but there's no reason for anyone to sign anything until both the buyer and seller reach an agreement on what the deal is. Brokers are the ones who force all of this because they just want the buyer and seller to get on with it so they can get their money, so they'll do anything to hurry it along.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook