SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2013 Sailing Season
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Re: 2013 Sailing Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Care to share the anchor dragging stories. You weren't the wimp, they were. I thought it amazing that they were going to try Worton. What a waste of a beautiful boat, three tries to set the anchor then it still drug

I am sure Bodkin was not your first choice today. Sometimes when you get in a group decision you kind of have to go where the group goes, even if its only 5 miles. I understand that. [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]No it wasn't, go with the flow I guess[/COLOR]

Glad you had a great time anchoring with everyone. They are nice people and are fun. We frequently do that. Had I started from the MYC today I probably would have done the same. We have always enjoyed rafting with Hal and Cindy, Dick and Irma, and you guys of course. They are some of the reason we have liked being at MYC. They dispel that "yacht club" persona image. [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]Absolutely, wonderful folks[/COLOR]

I thought it useless to come back across the Bay and have no where to sail but the river. Often Cackaway us a 5+ hour sail. Today starting in Rock Hall with he great winds at a good angle once we hit the Chester we were hauling all bough the curves at 7+ with a furled 150. Got anchored in 3 hours. Hopefully the rain holds off tomorrow. [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]Roger that, beautiful up there. Rain wasnt much more than a sprinkle about 2:00, looks like the weather held off and turned out to be a great weekend[/COLOR]

Hopefully you'll still be there when we get in tomorrow. Looks like well have good wind to cross. [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]Sorry we missed you and Donna, how was the wind? Not much when we left Bodkin this morning[/COLOR]

Dave
We'll not be around much the next couple of weeks but we will take along Labor Day weekend to enjoy. If you would send me the diver you guys use, I know its going to need it after sitting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo by Joe McCary

Last edited by T37Chef; 07-28-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook