SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Is A Boat Really Worth?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013

CaptainForce will become famous soon enough
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

While I scanned these 160 posts above I noticed that none apply to the value of my boat. I think my boat is without value in respect that it is so far removed from the market. Though it is forty years old, I've owned it for the last thirty years. It's in good shape,- every day I do something for my boat and every day, with rare exception, I'm on my boat. All the posts above only relate to boats that are on the market. I've saved mre than the value of my boat in slip fees by terms of anchoring out. I've saved another full value of my boat over the years of paying liability only insurance instead of full hull coverage for a Florida registered boat. I've saved third full value of my boat by not paying any property taxes on a house for over forty years,- and likely a fourth value of my boat by not owning a car and associated expenses for the last twelve years. My forty year old boat is truely priceless. Over the decades it paid me back many times my cost in having it, and if I lost it tomorrow, I'd still have gained. The last time I dealt with a broker was in 1973! I'm all for brokers, but if your boat's as old as mine and not on the market, even pristine, there is no discernable value.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Take Care and Joy, Aythya Crew
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainForce For This Useful Post:
aeventyr60 (07-28-2013)