SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Scilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polluce View Post
Dear paulo,

I've been reading this wonderful thread for so long, coz i love sea and boats even if i've nearly never been on one lol Hopefully I think i'll start a sailing school very soon

I'm really sorry about your accident in Vulcano. Meanwhile if you haven't ever visited Scilla at the north entering of the Messina Straight on the Calabrian side, well don't miss the chance
That's the place where i spend my holidays lol

I can't post link or images yet so just google images for "Scilla"

And possibly i'd suggest you to try "paccheri with swordfish and aubergines" in one of the pile-dwelling restaurants (directly accessible by sea) at "Chianalea" wich is the historical fishermen district where houses are built really on the sea (kind of Venice)

google images for "Scilla Chianalea risotoranti"

Hope u'll like it
Thanks for the tip. He liked Scilla, nice and not very expensive. The Anchorage has good holding but it is a bit uncomfortable (not a problem for us). On the other side it is rock and you have to pay for a buoy. I prefer to "eat" the buoy, I mean with the money

Did not have dinner there (bit rough the sea) but had a wonderful breakfast and nice shopping on the only market downtown (nice girl).

Some photos:

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook