SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat Size
Thread: Boat Size
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Boat Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by awaywego View Post
My husband and I are in the very early stages of preparing to cruise with our two young daughters in three years. Our daughters will be 3 and 4 years old. We have begun to look at boats and were thinking the mid 30ft range and were wondering if this would be a good size. We recently looked at a Morgan Out Island 41 and liked the forward berth bunks and the aft cabin design but 41 ft is a lot a boat and the price was not right. For others who have cruised with two small children, what size boat have you sailed?
What is your definition of cruising? I ask this because it changes the answer. For some (us) it is fulltime, no car, no house, living and moving on the boat. If it doesn't float on the boat, it doesn't go. For others, it is a six pack of beer and a pizza after work while tied to the slip.

Happy to help here. Cruising with kids is my passion.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook