SailNet Community - View Single Post - SF Bay - how long do you get out of Pettit Trinidad SR?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013
STARBOARD!!

KeelHaulin will become famous soon enough KeelHaulin will become famous soon enough
Re: SF Bay - how long do you get out of Pettit Trinidad SR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstbttms View Post
3 months of fouling on a 5 1/2 year old bottom and there is almost no discernable growth? Look at the running gear- clean as a whistle. The waterline? Spotless. Sorry and I absolutely mean no offense, but I ain't buying it. It doesn't add up. If that's what the boat looked like fresh out of the water after not having having been touched for three months, why bother painting it?
As I said before; the prop and shaft was painted with Ultra also. There were barnacles where it had washed away. The waterline on the port side is clean because the boat does not sit perfectly level when in the slip. I was having trouble with hard growth on the starboard boot stripe because it was submerged. I fixed that problem by painting the lower stripe with Pettit Vivid to match the hull. Since the diver said it was becoming difficult; and knowing how long it had been I assumed it would be worse than it was. But going on the hard is not really optional once it's out of the water.

Quote:
I suspect that you are mistaken about the boat not having been pressure washed in this pic.
Nope; that was before pressure washing. I would not post these pictures or make a false claim about something like this if it were not true. Some people get 3 years and then haul regardless of bottom condition. Since the diver had not said it needed a haulout I let it wait until he suggested it was time. Here are a couple more pictures.

Being hauled hanging over the water:
Message - My Photo Gallery

Being pressure washed:
Message - My Photo Gallery

Last edited by KeelHaulin; 07-30-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook