SailNet Community - View Single Post - When someone lists cook as a skill what is expected?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: When someone lists cook as a skill what is expected?

HS .... that attitude is to me really sad. That someone should suggest trashing specifically foodstocks and by insinuation trashing the planet is the way to go is something I find quite distressing.

This morning I was listening to an announcement of a new food source for farmed prawns (shrimp) that has been developed by the CSIRO in Australia. (See report below). what stood out for me was the statament that approx one third of all seafood out of the ocean is ground up to produce feed for aquaculture. This new source does not rely on further degrading the marine ecosystem simply in order to feed a farmed animal.

For mine that is a far better attitude than eating endangered species just in case the opportunity is not there in the future.

whoops.. forgot the link.

http://www.csiro.au/en/Portals/Media...ct-prawns.aspx

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.

Last edited by tdw; 07-30-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook