SailNet Community - View Single Post - 6 Americans, 1 Brit vanish at sea
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: 6 Americans, 1 Brit vanish at sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
Hull failure: As is the Edmund Fitzgerald wasn't the first or last ship to go down from that? This is a documented failure mode, after all.

Fornication with the ship's cat: Brings to mind that wreck vaguely in the UK about fiv eyears ago, where someone had bought a brand new pricey yacht and ran it aground on the maiden voyage, while offwatch with his, ah, beloved, leaving the yacht to find it's own way onto the rocks.

Now, tdw, is your reservation about the fact that it was the ship's CAT, as opposed to other livestock? Or that a carnal act outside of the sanctity of marriage might be involved?

"Senator, why did you beat your wife last night?"
I did not beat my wife, I have never struck my wife.
"Then who was that woman you were beating last night?"
HS ... apologies for missing your post and for delayed reply but given my own (lack of) matrimonial status the sanctity thereof is of little concern to me and well, if the cat was willing then who am I to deny anyone a bit of tabby.

My only concern was that we don't accuse anyone of rooting the ship's cat without evidence. Cats after all are sensitive creatures.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett