SailNet Community - View Single Post - OMG i need liveaboard soon.
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013

WilliamsRDan is on a distinguished road
Re: OMG i need liveaboard soon.

I think many of you are being rather rude. Don't stomp on someone's dream. Encourage him on the things he'll need to be successful, don't go off about how impossible it will be. We all know things are difficult aboard. But just because someone doesn't have actual experience doesn't mean they aren't capable of learning--which is what he's wanting to do.
There are people who run marathons that just a few years prior were in a wheelchair from being overweight, or amputees. Just because something is difficult, doesn't mean its impossible, and doesn't mean it shouldn't be tried.

If you can get decent gear, and maintain it properly, it will last, and so will the boat, just be mindful of everything.
If you want "free" liveaboard, cruise up and down the coast, and stay on anchor. Won't be as comfortable, but its free. Just move every couple days.

Don't give up, follow your dreams, maybe it will work, maybe it won't, maybe a miracle will happen. And you can always look for ways to make money once you learn a bit of boat repair, or something.

The only thing you should let people tell you not to do, is to not give up.
Best of luck!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook