SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Certainly, the encounter with the SWIFT doesn't add up...

After an initial contact requesting evacuation, a US Navy vessel is simply told, "Nevermind, go away, everything's OK now..."??? Without so much as the officers aboard at least demanding to speak once again with the crewmember requesting to be taken off???

Not bloody likely... :-)

And if, indeed, that's what transpired, someone at the Department of the Navy needs to hear about it...
HEHE! Well, I can imagine the CO on watch, listening to RockDawg, turning to his XO, and saying, "uhhh... Screw that! I ain't going back to that! Full steam ahead!"

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Cruisingdad For This Useful Post:
Familycruisers (08-03-2013)