View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I'm not sure I follow the logic on this post. Sounds like RockD and this Jake guy (i.e. - the crew) were the only reason that boat made it anywhere near HI.

I looked up the details and they abandoned the race in last place with 300 miles to go. I can't wait to hear part 2.
You're only hearing one side of this story. Do you really expect the storyteller to make a full confession of his incompetence, or do you expect him to paint a story of him and his companion being the heroes of this tale of mis-adventure?

Based on RD's past contributions, my opinion is that he is arrogant and knows all. You don't contribute knowledge to RD, he contributes it to you. You are wrong, and that's the end of it.

Even if we give RD the benefit of the doubt and say that his version of the tale is 100% factual, he is STILL at fault for allowing himself to become trapped in the situation.

The only data I needed in order to decide whether or not I would embark as crew, was the crew manifest he listed in the first paragraph of his opening post: A list of non-usable bodies and complete incompetence if I ever saw one, yet he decided to board and subject himself to the skipper's authority anyway.

Don't look to me for sympathy.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook