SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd View Post
You're only hearing one side of this story. Do you really expect the storyteller to make a full confession of his incompetence, or do you expect him to paint a story of him and his companion being the heroes of this tale of mis-adventure?

Based on RD's past contributions, my opinion is that he is arrogant and knows all. You don't contribute knowledge to RD, he contributes it to you. You are wrong, and that's the end of it.

Even if we give RD the benefit of the doubt and say that his version of the tale is 100% factual, he is STILL at fault for allowing himself to become trapped in the situation.

The only data I needed in order to decide whether or not I would embark as crew, was the crew manifest he listed in the first paragraph of his opening post: A list of non-usable bodies and complete incompetence if I ever saw one, yet he decided to board and subject himself to the skipper's authority anyway.

Don't look to me for sympathy.
Oh. He's never come across that way to me. Actually the opposite. But, believe it or not, I don't actually read every single post on SN. I'm too busy trying to get my own post count up so I can finally send private messages.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook