SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd View Post
You're only hearing one side of this story. Do you really expect the storyteller to make a full confession of his incompetence, or do you expect him to paint a story of him and his companion being the heroes of this tale of mis-adventure?

Based on RD's past contributions, my opinion is that he is arrogant and knows all. You don't contribute knowledge to RD, he contributes it to you. You are wrong, and that's the end of it.

Even if we give RD the benefit of the doubt and say that his version of the tale is 100% factual, he is STILL at fault for allowing himself to become trapped in the situation.

The only data I needed in order to decide whether or not I would embark as crew, was the crew manifest he listed in the first paragraph of his opening post: A list of non-usable bodies and complete incompetence if I ever saw one, yet he decided to board and subject himself to the skipper's authority anyway.

Don't look to me for sympathy.
Wow. He doesn't strike me that way either, but I have not read all his stuff.

We all have to remember this is just his impression of what happened. Still, a pretty good story!

I cannot imagine what the video of all this must be like.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook