SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
All that to say, I can understand Rock's initial decision. Sometimes you just want to go. And I respect his restraint when it all went off the rails. It's not your boat.

RDawg - sorry I encouraged you to miss the deposition, dude. Heh-heh.

PS - I guess I'm most interested in the CG's response to this...that is try to deescalate the situation. It's an interesting role the CG is thrust into in a situation like this. What should they do?
I had a bad day, I need a hug or will kill someone
No regret, SD. I would do it again in a heart beat. It is too bad it was not the element of nature threaten us survival but from the other human that acted upon us.

As for the CG's comment, I think it is a wise one. Deescalate is the perfect word in our situation, since we were just half way point. No one can be here within a short time. We were on our own. Our call to CG is not for help, but rather to inform them if something happens to us or the boat, they have to clues to go by.

We waited for a long time and waited until physical violence has occurred before calling. It was a right and calculated decision to call. We were not a bunch of pu55ies to cry for help.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook