SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopdeckpappy View Post
I may joke with you about the movie thing but, this was a serious deal and in light of the string of tragic losses we suffered over the last couple years, to have that kind of response in this kind of race from the race officials is down right scary.
Not to belabor the point - but this is why this is interesting to me.

Purely from the RA's and CG's perspective, it basically boils down to a complete relationship breakdown between skipper and crew on a boat in the middle of a race. Though it is undoubtedly miserable and somewhat insane, it is not immediately life-threatening.

The only real fix is to work it out long enough to get to safety. Which RockD did.

What CAN the CG and/or RA realistically do beyond giving this advice? It's a very, very tricky situation that I bet doesn't pop up very often.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 07-31-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook